When you’re in need of a quick jail release, you need to find a local bail bond agent with experience. Before the paperwork can be filed and the bail can be delivered, however, you’ll need to provide your chosen agent with a bit of information. This information will be quite basic and easy to acquire, but it is necessary to ensure a quick jail release can be achieved.
What You Need to Know Before Calling a Bail Bondsman
The majority of the following information can be easily acquired by friends or family of the defendant. However, you may need to work with your bail bond agent to acquire additional information. This is a good starting point:
- You need to know the full name of the individual who was arrested.
- You need to know where the defendant is being held. If they were arrested within the past few hours, the local police department is the most likely spot. Otherwise, county jail is likely.
- You need to know the charges the individual is facing. The specific charges will determine the total cost of the bail.
- If the bail has been set, you need to know the total amount. It must be exact.
- If possible, you should know or acquire the case number of the defendant.
If you are unable to gather this information ahead of time, speak with your bail bond agent for more information. They may be able to help you acquire all the details you need.
Once you have this information, be sure to call a local bail bond agent immediately. You can find 24/7 bail bond services in the area from the likes of Teton Bail Bonds. Give us a call at 208-456-4357 (Idaho) or 307-413-6809 (Wyoming) for more information.